Basic snapdeploy question

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by BBFC, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBFC

BBFC Registered Member

Hi,

I've just purchased Snap deploy and 37 licenses with the intention of deploying a default OS configuration and default applications to 37 IDENTICAL laptops.

Having used the trial version beforehand, I know I can basically get the software to what I need but as it seems quite flexible I'd like to get the best out of it.

As I've mentioned, these laptops are identical in every way, even down to the hard drives. By my reckoning, that means I don't have to use Sysprep as Snap Deploy can take care of the SID's and some basic configuration by itself....Is that right?

Having read a bit about it, I'm tempted to run sysprep anyway (even though there is no way the image will be deployed on different hardware) As it may make installation even easier. I have an XP image with a template account setup exactly as the end users need it, all I need to do is to change the computer name/networking and log-on credentials. I'd not want to lose any of the individual configuration of the apps I have installed so I wondered what the best practice was in this situation...A simple image of what I have, or sysprep it and make an answer file anyway?

Many thanks for your advice/comments/feedback

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BBFC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please be aware that it is anot necessary to perform the system preparation in case you are deploying to the identical hardware. This procedure is required only when you transfer an operating system to a different hardware.

I would like to recommend you to read the Acronis Snap Deploy User's Guide which is available at the Documentation section of our web site. It contains all the instructions on how to perform a deployment.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.