Basic questions about restoring images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HomeBoy, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeBoy

HomeBoy Registered Member

I just got the full version of True Image, and after reading a few of the threads here I have some questions.

Suppose I make a backup image using Build xxx and I have a bootable rescue CD I made with Build xxx.

1) If I get Build yyy and make a backup image, do I have to restore it with a rescue CD made with Build yyy?

2) Having upgraded to Build yyy, if I ever want to go back to the xxx image, do I have to use the rescue CD made with Build xxx?

Also, I actually have two licenses for True Image, one on Win2K and one on WinXP.

3) Do I need to have two different rescue CDs (one made on each Windows version), or can I use the same rescue CD to restore images on either one?

Thanks!

2. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

no, no, no/yes

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HomeBoy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. You can use a bootable rescue CD created with Build xxx. But we recommend you to create a new bootable CD.

2. No, you have not use the rescue CD made with Build xxx.

3. Acronis Bootable CD is not system-specific so there is no need for it to correspond to particular operating system. Even if you have no operating system on your computer you will be able to boot from Acronis Bootable CD. So you can use the same rescue CD to restore images on either one.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.