Basic or Logic for HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beckygb, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

I just built an external HDD using a Seagate ATA 200gb drive and an Adaptec ACS-100 enclosure. I am in the process of formating the drive, but I am not sure if I am doing it right. I am partitioning it into 2 partitions. both as logical drives. Is this right or should the first partition be formated as Basic or Primary, or as a logistical drive?

I read here that the Adaptec will work with ATI, I sure Hope so.

BTW, Best Buy has Seagate ATA 200 gb on sale this week for $79.95

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Beckygb,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that you should have one primary partition on your disk at least.
    Please also be aware that it is recommended to install the operating system to primary partition (if you do not use any software that allows installing operating system to logical partition).

We recommend that you download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

acronis shows up 26 days latter, then responds with a post that isnt even in the ball park, from what ive read of the orig post it concerned the use of an external hard drive and what was the best way to format it for storage use.

i think anyone that post here needs a quicker response than that.

format it as a basic disk, you could create partitions to the size you want, or just leave it as 1 large partition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.