Basic Image Attachment Uploading (on XenForo)

Discussion in 'Image Gallery' started by LowWaterMark, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This is just to quickly document the process of uploading an image to the forum and displaying it inside the post to which it was uploaded.

Step 1. Start a post reply or new thread. Enter some text:

posting-before-upload.png

Step 2. Click the "Upload a File" button to get the uploader selection box to show:

posting-just-hit-upload.png

Step 3. Click the "Choose File" box and use the standard file browser function to find and select an image file from your computer. Once a file is selected, the uploader dialog box automatically starts the upload process. (It only stays displayed for as long as the uploading takes.)

posting-just-chose-file-autoloading.png

Step 4. If you want the image to be positioned in an exact location in the post, you can choose to insert either a Thumbnail or the Full Image. (See buttons):

posting-pick-thumb-or-full.png

Step 5. Finish your post.

posting-clicked-Full-Image-button-to-insert.png

Multiple images can be inserted into a post. You simply repeat the "Upload a File" process once for each attachment you want to upload.

If you do not insert the image(s) to some position in the post, it/they will display as thumbnails at the bottom of the post box.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Posting without Rich Text enabled

I've had to post this as images, other wise you wouldn't see it all properly ! I always compose my posts/threads in Metapad first, which makes things easier, for me anyway. Plus if something goes wrong, as it has in the past, you don't lose ALL your work !

Here's how to achieve it. First off, you need to enable JavaScript. You also need a small list saved in for eg notepad of the following.

CloneRangerHow2 -a.png

CloneRangerHow2 -b.png

CloneRangerHow2 -c.png

Thanks to LowWaterMark for assisting :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.