BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by shakespeare, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

I am retiring an old hard drive and replacing it with a larger, faster one. I’ve used True Image 9.0 to image my old C drive to another that is currently labeled K. Now I need to remove the old drive and relabel K to C (to adhere to convention and because all the pointers in my registry point to C). I know you can’t change the letter of a system drive, but I assume that’s only when booting from it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it would seem that booting from the CD would allow me to make the switch. However, I can’t get Disk Director to launch full mode when booting from the CD. I’ve made a request for help from Acronis tech support to resolve this issue, but haven’t heard back. In the meantime, I’m looking at creating a XP boot disk using BartPE. I’ve looked in all the forums and FAQs but it’s still not clear to me how to include plugins and drivers (some of the work arounds are really technical and I’m not a programmer). I understand there is a plugin in the full edition of Disk Director that allows its use under BartPE, but I don’t recognize it when I look in the directory. Furthermore, BartPE builder seems to want cab files when adding plugins and I don’t see any of those in the Acronis directories. How can I get the plugins and how do I get Disk Director loaded on to the CD? As an alternative, I could use disk manager if I could get that on the CD. I found this link (http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=16315&st=40&p=106676&#entry106676entry106676), but again I’m not clear on how to include the modules in the build. Any suggestions?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Shakespeare, I answered some of your questions here in the True Image forum https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=874891#post874891.

3. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

Looks like I have some work to do. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll still need to get the drivers for my hard drives. I'm just not sure where they all are. And one is connected to my usb port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.