BartPE with error #1722

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gww528, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

I have successfully got BartPE to work but when restoring a file the following error occurs with True Image 10.

"E00640068: Faild to create the scheduled task
    Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722 - "The RPC Server is unavailable."

Acronis Support suggests the following for a non-BartPE installation:

1. Make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, make it so.

2. If the above does not help, run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task) or do the following:

My question is, how can Acronis Scheduler 2 Service be activated within BartPE?

Thank you,
    grant

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I doubt that service is needed for the BartPE with Acronis plug-in to run correctly during a restore. I've restored with such a BartPE cd without any True Image installation on the destination drive. In fact if you're restoring a whole disk, the destination drive will be wiped.

It's more likely that your Backup Image is corrupt. Where do you have the Image stored?

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Are you using the Acronis supplied plugin? If so try using Mustang's BartPE Plugins. What version of BartPE are you running?

4. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

Just to clarify, this is Mustang's BartPE Plugins that I generated not the one that came from Acronis (that one does not work).

This image is good. Tested restoring a file within WinXP

Any other suggestions?
    grant

5. thomasjk

What do you mean by the BartPE you generated? You need a plugin of some form to do this with. One is supplied when you install TI 10, the better plugin is the link I posted. Based on your comment you are using Mustang's plugin correct? Mustang has a patch for the Acronis supplied plugin at the same site.

6. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

Hi Tom,
    You are correct, I am using Mustang's. What suggestion do you have?

Thanks,
    grant

7. thomasjk

If you press ALT-M when you are booted up with the BartPE disk you will be able to "Mount" the image as a virtual drive in TI. Try that approach. I've not done file restores, I usually "Mount" the drive and copy the needed file.

8. mustang

mustang Developer

The Acronis Scheduler 2 service is needed and should be automatically started by the plugin. You will need to help me diagnose the problem. Boot into BartPE and open a command prompt. Enter the following three lines:

cd X:\Programs\TrueImageH10
    schedhlp.exe
    net start AcrSch2Svc

Report back with the system response. It should tell you one of three things. First, the requested service has already been started. Second, the AcrSch2Svc service was started successfully. Third, the AcrSch2Svc service could not be started because of some error. If the service is running, you should not get that error.

After you report back, we'll try to figure out what is happening.

I'd also like to know what you are using for your BartPE shell. If it's a plain BartPE, make sure you have the Startup Group plugin enabled.

9. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

Hi Mustang,

1) cd X:\Programs\TrueImageH10>schedhlp.exe

There was no response from this. Although looking in the Task Manager - Processes (tab window) it was running.

2) cd X:\Programs\TrueImageH10>net start AcrSch2Svc

System error 1068 has occurred.
    The dependency service or group failed to start.

3)Mustang asked "I'd also like to know what you are using for your BartPE shell. If it's a plain BartPE, make sure you have the Startup Group plugin enabled."

I do not know what this means but Startup Group plugin has a "yes" in front of it. So it must be enabled.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. I appreciate the help.

Thank you,
    grant

10. mustang

mustang Developer

You didn't answer an important question. What type of BartPE are you using? Is it XPE, Reatogo, UBCD4Win or something else. The fact that you have Task Manager tells me it's probably not a plain BartPE.

The Acronis Scheduler 2 service depends on the Remote Procedure Call service. Boot back into BartPE and enter net start RpcSs at the command prompt. If that service is not running, there is something wrong with your BartPE not the plugin.

11. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

1) I know this is not the direct answer but... this is what I used to set BartPE up http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/BartPEGuide/BartPEGuide.htm

2) net start RpcSs

System error 1068 has occurred.
    The dependency service or group failed to start.

I will try redoing the BartPE.

Thank you,
    grant

12. mustang

mustang Developer

Okay, you are using a plain BartPE. My mistake, Task Manager is available in a plain BartPE.

The problem is probably in the source for your BartPE build. What did you use for a source? Do you have a Windows install disk with Service Pack 2, or did you need to build the source from an I386 folder or a recovery CD? Are you working from a Dell source? With a proper source, the RpcSs service should be automatically started when you boot into BartPE. If you can borrow a WinXP/SP2 disk, the problem should be resolved.

You can also try using the Acronis supplied plugin. It doesn't depend on the Acronis Scheduler 2 service.

13. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

Hi Mustang,

I made the made the WinXP/SP2 disk and used it to recreate BartPE. This fixed the problem as you stated.

Thank you for your diagnosis and sticking with this. I appreciate the help.

grant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.