BartPE plugin (without XPE)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by noonereallycares, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noonereallycares

noonereallycares Registered Member

For those of us who do not use the extended features of XPE or the autoHelp options, is there any chance of someone utlining the settings required to obtain the maximum functionality in a limited WinPE / BartPE setup?

I have tried a few of the different posts, but none of them are as functional as the posts cliam. In some cases, I can see my HDD. In others, I can't. Some claim to allow exploring image, other don't.

Is there a reason for the limitations being placed on the plugin?

I am trying to find a way for me to use BartPE functionality as a way of swaying prespective customers, but until then, BartPE + Ghost seems a better option for desktop backups. :(

I am a big fan of TrueImage and look forward to a fully functional PE option being made available.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello noonereallycares,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image plug-in is not designed for XPE. Our Development Team is currently working on fixing different problems with this plug-in and we expect them to be fixed in the nearest future. Please send a message about every error you get to support@acronis.com. We will certainly investigate every issue and will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

It's not the plugin (in the usual sense) that you need. You need the real plugin (which includes special True Image files modified from build 791). Once you buy the product and register with Acronis, you can get them to provide the real plugin. This does everthing except explore images. (It also is not intended to manage the Secure Zone)

4. noonereallycares

noonereallycares Registered Member

I recently obtained the updated plugin.

After ripping everything else out of my PE cd, I think it is working in the (limited) method expected. However, I am unable to add it to my current CD. This means I have NO additional MassStorage drivers installed and NO additional network drivers. This means I now have to go through and recompile my CD bit by bit. FWIW, I don't normally use BartPE and opt to add the functionality using .reg files and a few custom scripts.

That said, is there any difference between the compatability of the TI versions (Workstation vs Server vs Standard) ? I was hoping to get to a point where I could use a common BartPE / WinPE base and simply update the license details for each client.

Since BartPE / WinPE has become such a key tool, I would hope that evetually there would not be a lose of functionality when using it in conjunction with Acronis products.

5. beenthereb4

Have a look at this:

Ultimate Boot CD for Windows

If nothing else you can use the driver pack to get your drivers back, but True Image works with the whole thing from this site.

AFAIK the workstation and enterprise server plugins are non-working at this point, however they do have the explore function (non-working also).

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Sounds like a really useful piece of software :p :blink: ;) :)

7. Hi, beenthereb4

Thanks to a great link, and with the help of Raptor [AutoStreamer a magic little App] in there somewhere it must me worth a good look.

Thanks again.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. beenthereb4

@TheQuest

You are welcome, we're glad you're back on the board!

9. davidsherman

davidsherman Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.