Bartpe (Mustang) and Utimaco Safe Guard Easy 4.30.1 Break eachother!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

When A add just the Safeguard Easy Bartpe plugin and make the CD. I can access my encrypted drive.

So I want to image it. I add the very latest Mustange Bartpe plugin and the drive is encrypted and I cannot access it nor image it in the way I want to:

Here is the .inf of the safeguard plugin.. please help!!!

2. jeremyotten

I change this line in the TrueImage plugin:

0x7, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}", "UpperFilters", "PartMgr", "snapman", "SgeFlt"

now the SGE plugin works but I get the following error when starting Acronis:

Acronis Cannot find the proper serial number you should reinstall the product

Mustang maybe you can help me out here!

3. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

Don't change the upper filters line in the TI plugin. You need to manage the upper filters in the z_UpperFilters plugin. Any time info is written to the same line in the registry by multiple plugins, the last one to process will overwrite that line from all the other plugins. That's why the z_UpperFilters plugin was created. Add the "SgeFlt" value to the end of the line as you did in the TI plugin.

Do you see serial number info at the end of the TI inf file? If not, there are some possible reasons. Do you use a license server on the machine you used to build the plugin? Does the machine you used to build the plugin run on Windows 2000? You may need to copy and paste the serial number value from the registry to the inf.

4. jeremyotten

Where do I find the Z-Upper filter plugin?

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

Look in the pebuilder\plugin folder. It should be near the bottom.

6. jeremyotten

Thanx I did al that and entered the line...

now all works... can browse the encrypted partition and Tr also works... but.... trueimage does not see the normal NTFS drive. Trueimage sees an unknown drive while the explorer sees the files.....

so image compression and incremental images are still unavailable.. only sector by sector imaging can be done.... And that is not what I want :-(

can anybody help me with this?

7. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

What can you do with the Safe Guard plugin? I would think you would have to remove the encryption from the drive, back it up with TI and then put the encryption back on the drive.

8. jeremyotten

the safeguard plugin is the driver that does live encrypt/decrypt

from within windows I can make an image of and encrypted drive or partition with all the benefits of an non encrypted drive like compression, incrementals etc...

the Bartpe is used for after the PBA (Pre Boot Activation) when I press F7 it boots from the CDROM en loads Bartpe. With the plugin which works now I can see the Partition with all te files etc...

only problem is. Unlike from within windows Acronis doesn't recognises the Partition and therefor only cn do a sector by sector image without the benefits of compression, incrementals etc...

When this would be possible I would restore a image en de driver should immediatelly encrypt the data... well that is what I want for it to do....

When you read the Utimaco knowledgebase they all say that your imaging program should addres your drive through a so called interrupt 13 to let is work with the SGE Filter driver.. otherwise it would bypass the SGE Filter and therefor not work the way you wanted it to work.

could you guys make some kind of plugin that TI adresses the disk at Interrupt 13?

Thanx in Advance

9. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

If it runs under Windows, it may be possible to run it the same way under BartPE. We are running the exact same version of TI under BartPE and Windows.

If you can do the research to find out what additional files and services are needed under BartPE, I may be able to modify the plugin to get it working for you. Just telling me that TI must use int13 means nothing to me.

10. jeremyotten

Can you teach me how to do this?

I mean the plugin of Utimaco come with the product and is based on the "Runtime" in windows I just install the client.

So to port the Client to Bartpe we should make an entire new plugin and I don't have the knowledge to do that... :-(

11. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

You need to talk to the people at Utimaco and ask them about this issue. I can't help you with a plugin. Making a plugin is a major project. You never know if a plugin for a program is going to work. Some will not run in BartPE. The Acronis True Image plugins have been extremely difficult. I have spent years on them. Acronis couldn't even come close. They had to write a special modified version of TrueImage.exe to get it working. That's why their version of the plugin is so crippled.

I thought you already had a working plugin for Safeguard Easy. If it is just a matter of adding files and services to the Windows environment, I could help you. If you need a complete plugin for the client, you need to get it from Utimaco.

12. jeremyotten

They have 3 components

1. Server
    2. Client
    3. Runtime

the Client I use in windows --> no problem.

The bartpe plugin they send with the product used the runtime... and this gives the problem not to work with TrueImage... in Bartpe -(

13. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

Does the Client need a username and password to be entered when you use it in Windows. If it does, you have no chance of it working in BartPE.

Like I said, you need to talk to Utimaco.

14. jeremyotten

Yes username and password! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.