BartPE CD (Mustang!) Dell XPS+SATA issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howiezows, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howiezows

Howiezows Registered Member

Dell XPS 600, 3 SATA drives, no RAID, (nvidia motherboard/controller)
    Acronis 9 Workstation and Disk Director 10

I need a functional boot CD with drivers since Acronis boot CD is slower than mud (as documented) due to lack of current nvidia/SATA drivers.

Finally after various problems, got a regular BART PE CD built, using Mustang's plugins for both True Image and Disk Director. Also used the full driver pack available through UBCD4WIN to have all available drivers. This was the first time I was able to fully boot the BARTPE CD without errors. Everything appears normal, Acronis sees all drives on the system, BUT: When trying any action (restore, backup, validate image) the progress bar does nothing, and Acronis reports "completed with errors" within a few seconds.

I have spent months trying to get to a point where this all works, on my own, (I've had success on a IBM T60 Thinkpad with SATA, but that's Intel chip controller.) I am finally appealing for some assistance here! HELP!

Thanks so much in advance.
    Howie

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What version and build of TI9 do you have installed and does the plugin match build number? What is the exact error message?

3. Howiezows

Howiezows Registered Member

I seem to have a combination that is now working (at last!!)
    I have TI Workstation 9.1 build 3887 and the appropriate Mustang plugin (with universal restore , even though not using that feature.) I used the driver pack from UBCD4WIN but just copied the nVidia Nforce 4 drivers to handle the SATA controller. I'm not using RAID, but seems that RAID drivers are needed to be present. Anyway, I built the bartPE using the standard www.nu2.nu/pebuilder application, (which sometimes seems to have errors, and then running it second or 3rd time the errors go away... go figure..)

The CD worked, I was able to access Acronis True Image and work with all drives. Not sure why, but the processing time to image an internal SATA drive to an external Firewire drive takes longer than doing it natively within Windows XP. Not a *huge* time difference, but enough to be noticable. (If you have any suggestion, that would be great.)

I tried to create a USB drive to boot instead of CD (using pe2usb) and while it starts to boot, it ends up with error (don't have that error code right now to share in this post.)

Thanks for the follow-up!
    Howie

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes, its not quite as fast as native windows but significantly faster then the TI rescue CD which is Linux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.