Bart PE & Safe Media question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JimBeamBlack, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBeamBlack

JimBeamBlack Registered Member

First off , hello all new guy here and sorry if this has been asked before , I looked (search option) and found this post (below) but do not completely understand this add on/plug in...on to my question...

I just bought True Image 2009 and LOVE IT!! However I went to register it and found an "add on" called Bart PE & Safe Media , my question is , what (boiled down to easy please) is this and do I need it?

I have:
    True Image 2009
    Vista 32 bit

thanks and sorry if this has been previously beat to death. :D

2. EddieA

EddieA Registered Member

The "Safe Media" part lets you create a bootable, rescue, CD that doesn't include the USB, PC Card, and SCSI Disk drives, which the "normal" rescue CD includes. You only need this if you can't boot the "normal" CD because of your hardware.

If you don't know what Bart PE is, then you don't need the extension. It's another "bootable" version of Windows XP, that runs off a CD.

Cheers,
    Eddie

3. JimBeamBlack

JimBeamBlack Registered Member

Thank you sir!!

and as a side note I really must say this has got to be a the BEST program ever for non tech people , its so easy to use and it just WORKS!!

very happy ,

Thanks again

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The normal mode BootCD runs a version of linux and the drivers might not work on your hardware. An alterantive is Safe Mode which uses a version of DOS and is therefore restricted to accessing what you BIOS can directly address -- some BIOS can address USBs and some can't for example.

BartPE uses windows xp and VistaPE, of course, use Vista for the restore environment, which generally avoids the driver issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.