Bart PE, questions on Building, adding Acronis?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aoz, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoz

aoz Registered Member

to all,
    I'm trying to build a Bart PE, but am stuck at two items
    1. SLIPSTREAMING -
    How do I do this, and from what files? I have an Emachines, XP Home, (Emachines OEM disk, recovery, not an actula XP disk) and I've done service pack updates form on-line
    SO, where do I get the latest files for patching?

2. Acronis PE plugin -
    do I just unzip that folder and add the folder named "AcronisTrueImagePE" to the Bart PE PLUGIN folder?

I thank you for your assistance.
    Nick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aoz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may read this article about how to slipstream the service pack.

As for the instructions on how to add Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE:

• Download Bart PE builder and install it
    • Unpack the Acronis True Image Plug-In for Bart PE and put it into BartPE\plugin folder
    • Run Bart PE builder, input necessary paths, and click the “Plugins” button (see the picture)
    • Make sure you have Acronis True Image plug-in enabled in Plugins tab
    • Click the “Close” button on “Plugins” screen and launch BartPE CD image creation clicking the “Build” button on PE Builder main screen. If you wish the image to burned to CD immediately after the .ISO file is created, please check the “Burn to CD” box now and choose the appropriate burner in the “Device” menu
    • After the image is created, burn it to CD (if you did not check the “Burn to CD” box)

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Attached Files:

3. aoz

aoz Registered Member

I'm still confused, but will retry the article directions.

I have what I think is a correct build (will go back and try again), but on booting, it is now past 4 minutes, and still reading CD-rom?
    I exited out
    how long does it take to boot from the Bart PE?
    Again, I apologize for my confusion; it is just not sinking into my head.

thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aoz,

Please note that Acronis does not support BartPE CD. The only thing we do is the plug-in for BartPE. Usually the CD boots longer than Acronis Bootable CD because there are much more functions present that are not needed for Acronis True Image. I would recommend that you visit Bart Lagerweij's web-site for the detailed information on how BartPE functions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. aoz

aoz Registered Member

Ilya,
    I do realize that you don't support Bart PE, but I hope you don't mind if this thread remains, as other users might be able to help me.

I have been working with your support department for almost two months to get an Averatec to recognize USB ports, and you have not seen me rant and rave or have a stroke; I realize some problems are difficult to diagnose.

THAT is the reason I'm trying to build the Bart PE, to help diagnose that problem; otherwise I would not need it as rapidly.

BUT, try as I might, despite 20+ years of computer work, I have become more confused as to what the SOURCE files for the Bart PE should be, since I do not have ORIGINAL windows XP disks, but onoly the OEM ones, and am confused as to how to obtain the SP2 files, since I updated these to each licensed machine ON-Line

So, if any USER of Acronis can help me, it is appreciated.
    thanks
    Nick

6. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I was also confused when I tried to create the BartPE CD until I followed the Acronis instructions EXACTLY and completely ignored the instructions from Bart.

My difficulty was trying to comprehend the discussion from Bart as to the source stuff. Forget about it.

1) Download BartPE to your hard drive.
    2) Download the Acronis plugin AND the instructions.
    3) Follow the Acronis instructions step-by-step.
    4) BartPE builder does everything for you automatically if you already have Windows on your hard drive (else you wouldn't be running from it).
    5) Put a blank CD in your burner and check the box to burn and you should end up with the BartPE CD for your computer.

I got stuck at selecting source and paths and all. Well, I finally just ignored it all and proceeded with the Acronis build instructions and everything worked out fine.

I think the trick here is just proceed to "build" as Acronis says and ignore all the Bart stuff.

Good luck with yours.

7. aoz

aoz Registered Member

Bobdat,
    thanks for reply.
    I did try that and got an error.
    The problem for me is WHERE to point the SOURCE for the bart creation.
    I would ASSUME C:\windows, as the i386 folder is in there.
    BUT, Bart told me that one of the files version was not the latest version.
    that's where the problem comes in, EVEN THOUGH I have installed WinXP Home with Service Pack 2

HOW do I get past that point?

ALSO, for the Acronis Plugin, I have UNZIPPED the file; do I just copy the complete unzipped folder that was produced, into the plugin folder of the BART folder, and then Bart makes it from there?

I DO appreciate your help; I'm working on testing my Averatec for Acronis, (Also, encryption is involved in the testing, making it more fun) as they have not figured out how to get the USB as readable from an emergency boot disk, adn I wanted to give Bart a try to see if any difference.

I have FOUR computers running today for testing various stuff, and I'm ready to tear my hair out !!

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, aoz

No, you need your Windows Installation CD as Source.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. aoz

aoz Registered Member

TheQuest,
    thanks for reply.

If my Installation CD is just the OEM CD emergency recovery disk that came with my machine (example, Emachines), can that be used?
    Or do I need a bonafide FULL WINDOWS XP disk?
    If so, then everyone who gets a machine from Circuit City, Best Buy, etc, I assume cannot make a Bart PE?
    Is this correct?
    thanks
    Nick

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, aoz

I am sorry but I do not know if the EmR CD will work or not. [give it a try]
    Not sure if correct or not [till you say the EmR CD does not work], but You should try [very strongly] and get the full WinXP CD [Home or Pro] from your PC or Laptop supplier, if it does not work.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.