Bargain Buddy

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Kris, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris

Kris Guest

o_O

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with 'Bargain Buddy'
    which has installed itself on my computer several times in the last few days, and refuses to stay off my system. It's masquerades as a file called REBOOT.EXE, which doesn't seem to do anything, but add itself to my startup folder.

I don't know where it comes from but, it communicates with a webpage at http//:adpopper.outblaze.com

I strongly suspect it's spyware, but Spyware Blaster doesn't detect it, or the APUC.DLL

Any ideas on cleaning once and for all?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Kris,

SpywareBlaster doesn't actually detect spyware, it prevents some forms of spyware from getting on your system in the first place.

SpywareBlaster's primary protection is against Spyware related ActiveX controls. These can include really bad dialers, hijackers and other dangerous spyware items. It also protects against spyware related cookies for users of IE6.

This REBOOT.EXE problem sounds more like something that may already have hooks in your system. The best way to address this is to have you post a startup log here using the HijackThis tool...

Go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt and download "HijackThis!". Unzip it. Run the HijackThis.exe file and press the [Scan] button... When the scan is finished, the [Scan] button will change into a [Save Log] button. Press that, save the log somewhere and paste the contents into a post here for us to look at.

Note that much of what will be listed there is correct and should not be fixed. So, just post the output here and let's see if the people here can help identify the problem.

I'll move this thread over to the Privacy Problems forum section in a little while. If you can post the full log from HijackThis, there will be people along to help you analyze it for problems.

3. gaggen

gaggen Registered Member

I have removed bargainbuddy with this side : and.doxdesk.com,
    this one have several solutions to get rid of parasites and spyware.
    greetings: gaggen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.