BAR12 Home - Minimize Scheduled Task

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rothers, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rothers

rothers Registered Member

Is there any way to start a scheduled backup task minimized rather then having to click "minimize to system tray" once the task start window pops up ?

2. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

rothers,

As I remember, there is No option to run the GUI progress window as Minimized.

...However, there is an option to instead of having a GUI progress window, just run it a Dos Command Console Window, if you prefer that mode. To run in this Mode go to windows task scheduler, find the paragon scheduled task (created by B&R 12 Homes, gui scheduler tab) go to its properties and remove from its command-line the "--graph" switch following script.exe.

3. rothers

rothers Registered Member

Thanks JosephB. I tried removing --graph, unfortunately it simply replaces the graphics popup window with a popup command prompt window.

I have however found an undocumented switch in scripts.exe that seems to do the job: --minimized

Leave --graph in and add --minimized

Task now runs minimized with progress check icon in the taskbar.

I've also noticed two other undocumented switches: --alternative & --multiple, can't find any reference to them in the script manual or scripts.exe -h

4. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

rothers,

Great find ! I can use this also.
    Thanks for sharing this one !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.