baidu antivirus keep turning avira engines off issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by taleblou, May 8, 2016.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Does anyone know why baidu antivirus keeps turning the avira engines off after a reboot of the pc? Anyone having this issue?. I keep havinmg to turn it back on and set it to on after each reboot.

my pc is a windows 10 home 64bit

2. TheWolfofMibu

TheWolfofMibu Registered Member

Baidu no longer incorporates the Avira engine and I believe they are no longer developing an international version.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The English language version is still being developed. The current version 5.4.3.148966 was released in April of this year, and still incudes the Avira engine.

I'm going to reboot in a minute to see if the Avira engine is still working when Windows restarts.

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon. After rebooting the Avira engine was gone, and also I could not do a scan (I never tried to a scan before rebooting). Everything was working fine the last time I tried it a few weeks ago.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  4. roger_m

I installed Baidu Antivirus again, since I noticed that Baidu had replaced the offline installer with an older one. After downloading and installing it, it was showing the Avira engine. I did a check for updates which found an update which removed Avira. After rebooting, the Avira engine was still gone.

However, I can do scans now.

5. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

The latest forum post, made by someone from baidu, @ baidu antivirus forum, says that they remove avira, because they want to replace the avira engine with a new one...this was on 2015 :p since then the forum as gone wild (and no official post's from baidu,since July 2015)

@ baidu facebook page, they say that baidu antivirus work fine only with cloud engines :)

And they say, baidu dont support windows 10 :p

6. roger_m

7. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Installed Baidu AV and their PC Faster. Managed to interrupt Spark Browser installation.

Baidu AV has nice Aurora skin. :thumb:

PC Faster offered to install App Locker to my Windows PC through Google Play. :argh:

I switched on and updated Avira engine. After reboot Avira engine disappeared and cloud engine got disconnected. :(

Uninstalled Baidu suit.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.