bagle, downloader-FL, and others

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by jyodis, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyodis

jyodis Registered Member

Computer: an older Dell notebook

Ad-Aware: ran a few times. It gets all the way through, but finds things that it can't quarantine or delete. These things are:

C:\_Restore\Temp\A0161247.CPY
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A0161249.CPY
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A0161257.CPY
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A0161261.CPY

... called Downloader-DH.b, BrowseEut, Downloader-FL, Downloader-FL, respectively

Then a whole BUNCH of W32/Bagle.j@MM things. I mean a couple hundred. All of the address were as follows:

C:\_Restore\Temp\A01612151.CPY,
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A01612154.CPY,
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A01612157.CPY, etc
    etc, etc, adding 3 to the number each time
    C:\_Restore\Temp\A01612457.CPY

All of these were called W32/Bagle.j@MM, and there is a few hundred of them.
    Can't get them cleared out with Ad-Aware.

HijackThis will not download on my computer because I cannot download anything.

What's the plan of attack?
    Thanks!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi jyodis,

AdAware is an anti-spyware program, not an antivirus although it can detect some files, but that's a bonus and not what it was made for. If all the infected files start with the C:\_Restore, then they are in your System Restore.

Since you haven't mentioned what your operating system is, I'll give you the link to read how to turn off your System Restore and clear the infected files out of it for a WinME computer, since I believe this is what you have:

WinME System Restore Instructions.

Just in case, I'll give you the link for an XP also:
    XP System Restore Instructions.

Before you turn your System Restore back on, do a follow-up with an on-line virus scan to be sure nothing is left behind that might still be infected: Free Services

Then follow ALL steps and instructions here to post a hijackthis log (in this thread) so we can check it: HOW TO? Read here about how to post your log!!.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.