Baffled on Settings

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bcbcbc, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcbcbc

bcbcbc Registered Member

I've just done a security audit of my system.

As a result I switched to Avast! from NAV--downloaded/installed MS SP2 RC1--and added PG Free at the moment. It seems my security is already vastly improved.

I'd like to lock down everything/anything that an intruder might get to using PG Free at the moment--probably upgrading shortly to PG Pro or whatever it's called.

I don't understand the settings--neither on Free--nor Pro. Can someone help me out--refer me to documentation--whatever?

bc

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi bcbcbc, Process Guard trial only protects one process and is really to ensure compatibility to your system before buying the full product.
    It is the single most powerful security application available at the moment and does require a bit of setting up.

I must also emphasize that a clean system is a "must" Therefore Process Guard is best installed on a new or freshly re-installed system - As long as you are confident that your system is clean then there should be no problems.

Having said that, when you get the full version many system programmes are protected by default and Process Guard is automatically in learning mode after the first reboot. This is the best time to add the processes that need protecting such as your security programs and Internet enabled programs, also this would be a good time to run your normal trusted programs so that they are entered onto the checksum list. On the second reboot learning mode is disabled though can be switched on by the user as required.
    There is an extensive help file and the www.diamondcs.com.au website carries much more information.
    Check this forum's Tips Tricks & FAQs plus read through the other threads here and you will soon get the hang of it.

We readily seek users input and try to answer questions promptly.

HTH Pilli

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

All of our leading programs come with extensive helpfiles that should answer most, if not all of your questions, as well as show you how to configure it, and also give you insight into various serious security issues that you're probably unaware of, so please take the time to read through it when you get a chance. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.