BAD_POOL_HEADER, BSOD...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Don Pelotas, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi

I am having an increasing number of these, is this a known problem? :doubt: Last night they became so annoying that i started to fiddle around til 3:30 AM. At first i suspected Outpost's log (because the log would be corrupted when rebooting after bsod's) so i disabled it's logging, that didn't help, then unstalling BOClean (because it asked to put something to the excludefolder on each reboot after bsod's) then i tried to uninstall programs one by one, also removing it's folder and using Regsupreme, the moment i removed Processguard (final beta) the bsod's disappeared, and the system is stable again. I have given programs every right that they asked for, so i don't think i've been to restrictive. Am i missing something? (i hope i am, but fear i'am not :D )

Is there anything i can try? I am willing to install PG final beta again if you think i can help. :)

BTW. There is nothing in my minidump, isn't that strange?

Regards

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Don, with PG disabled then uninstalled, delet your pghash.dat and pguard.dat file found in the windows\system32 folder.

Reinstall process guard reboot and leave in learning mode whilst you fire up tour security and internet enabled apps.
    Enable all four General tabs & reboot, this will allow learning mode to make any additions for your protected list apps.
    Run your programs again to ensure all is well and reboot onse more. Learning mode should now be off and hopefully all will be well.

HTH Pilli

3. Don Pelotas

Thanks Pilli, i will try as you advised, when i come home. :)

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Don, One other thing, if you are running NAV or AOL you may need to give services.exe the Allow Services & install drivers.

Pilli

5. Don Pelotas

Hi Pilli

Unfortunately the bsod's are back, the funny thing is that they are very infrequent, until i go to ESPN's nfl section (big Dolphin's fan :'( :oops: :D ) there they happen every time i visit, not on every link, but if i read the news, at some point the bsod's are back, really weird. o_O And when i uninstall PG, everything is rocksolid. :doubt:

Another thing i've noticed, is that after a defrag there are still some fragmented files, this was also the case with v2 (but strangely enough not the first v3 beta), again all returns to normal when i uninstall the final beta. Is this a known bug ?

Btw. I don't use NAV or AOL.

Regards :)

6. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

you have BSOD while browsing a website ?
    Did you try to give "Physical Memory" allow to your browser ?

regards,

gkweb.

7. Don Pelotas

Thanks gkweb, yes while browsing, but also doing more normal stuff. I have now allowed "Physical Memory" to my browser, it does seem to have calmdown a bit since doing the reinstall, only one bsod since. :)

Regards

8. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

These BAD_POOL_XXX blue screens have been identified and fixed. :)

9. Don Pelotas

That's great news, thank you for keeping me informed Jason. :)

10. Sootah

Sootah Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.