bad_pool_caller

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by xnij, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xnij

xnij Registered Member

Hi. Any help on this would be appreciated. Since, installing PG V.3, my computer has been suspending operation about once per session.

I get an error message 'bad_pool_caller.' I have to reboot. Each time I reboot the system truncates a bunch of entries, and then I'm okay. However, today, my computer suspended, with the same error message, and when I rebooted, no truncations happened.

Prior to loading PG V.3, I think I had this twice in two years.

Is this a PG V.3 problem, or has something else gone wrong, which just happens to coincide with when I installed PG V.3?

Best Rgds.
    Xnij

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It could be due to some other software you have installed (more likely since you have experienced it before) not getting on too well with ProcessGuard. That particular bad_pool_caller I have never experienced over here whilst developing ProcessGuard, and I don't think any of our beta testers ever experienced that one either (and they experienced a lot for some of the early ProcessGuard v3.000 BETAs :) ).

Which sort of tells me that maybe it isn't directly caused by ProcessGuard. If you have the memory.dmp file (c:\windows) you can send that to us and we can investigate further for you.

3. xnij

xnij Registered Member

Thanks Jason for getting back to me.

In fact, when I ran totalcmd to find memory.dmp, I got a suspend, and had to reboot. 2nd time around, I have no memory.dmp file. Not sure why, but the reboot window suggested disabling BIOS memory options such as caching, shadowing. I'm a bit reluctant to do this, as I am not a computer expert.

I read a post PG3: Windows XP crashes from Thomas which sounds similar. I am running WinXP Pro

I am now going to disable PG V.3 to see whether the problem persists, which will indicate at least that PG V.3 is somehow involved.

Alternately, I could reinstall PG3, run it in learning mode for a while, and see whether that fixes it. What do you suggest please?

Best Rgds.
    Xnij

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yeah just try running disabled for a while and see if the issues persist as often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.