Bad Software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hox, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hox

hox Registered Member

I have tried, unsucessfully to use TI9 on my new Windows XP system. I have a maxtor 250 gb USB drive attached, and a 200 gb maxtor internal C drive. I have already purchased your product for $49.99. It does not work as advertised. Choosing the disk clone icon I get a please wait message the stay there until you have to reboot the system to get rid of it. On your forums you discuss how each person having problems doing the exact same thing must be having a specific conflict with their individual equipment. Please. There are more specific equipment conflicts showing up than there are hard drive manufacturers. Your program has been running for nearly 30 minutes now occupying my sytem screen with an hourglass and not doing anything. I would like you to refund my money for my purchase (hss@shcc.org registered user id) immediately or I will contact Amex and dispute the charge as fraud.

Scott

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

first off, u shouldve trialed teh software to make sure it works. secondly if u ordered ATI from acronis you should contact them, im sure theyd be willing to give u a refund.

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Don't give up so easily. Try the following:

1. If you're using front usb ports for the external, try the rear ones.
    2. If you're using a usb hub, remove it.
    3. If you're using Windows to launch TI try the Bootable Rescue CD and vice versa.
    4. If you're using a wireless keyboard and mouse, try the standard types.

4. robinh44

robinh44 Registered Member

Easier said than done, the trial software does not register depending on machine or internet connection, and Acronis support do not seem to keen to issue a workaround. I still have not got a working trial so am trialling Paragon and Future solutions products which have a working trial.

Regards

Robinh44

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. robinh44

robinh44 Registered Member

Ron

Yes I saw their reply and followed it to the letter sceenshots and all, 2 days on still no reply. Up to 23rd Jan 2006 users were getting links sent as personal messages then this stopped and you have to wait for a Royal Decree to use the trial software. Shame cos the product looks quite good. Thanks for your quick response, shame you don't work for Acronis to improve the support response.

Regards

Robinh44

7. Roger Macon

Roger Macon Guest

robinh44

I am new to disk imaging but after looking at a few others I have recently been made aware of I comitted to TI9 last week. I looked at Paragon because of your mention, could not find Future, just to see what else is around. I certainly have no interest in nor do I see a reason to change now that I have TI but I would if I thought it would be beneficial. None of these programs are big ticket cost items for me. I would spend hundreds maybe thousands to get it right.

One thing I do need is to learn a LOT. One thing I really like about Acronis is this forum. I did not see a forum at Paragon. This forum has been most helpful with enlightenment to SOOOOOOOOOOO many things I don't know flip about before (with the trial download) and after purchase. Acronis and the folks here have offered a lot to help me get it right.

8. hox

hox Registered Member

Look, I felt that the reviews of PC magazine and one other should have been sufficient to trust this product would have, at least, a modicum of functionality.

I moved to an independent ps2 style keyboard and mouse. My system has a raid 5 using 4 wd raptors totaling around 195 gb. My usb external drive is a 250 gb maxtor style. No hub is used. I tried all the rear ports, the bios sees the usb mass storage device. The problem with TI9 is that I can not even get the program to get past its initial configuration. With the USB drive not even plugged in, simply initiating TI9 to start a disk image locks the entire machine up, sitting there forever. Its hard to not condemn this product when out of the box it simply refuses to run on a basic system. How many folks out there have motherboards with raid on them now? <snip> I appreciate people being supportive here, and probably the program works fine for others. Just not for me.

Cheers
    Hox

edited to remove software plug - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Scott (Hox),

I'm not sure I agree that 4 WD Raptors in RAID 5 constitutes a "basic system" ;).

Notwithstanding, having read your previous posts, there is nothing to indicate whether you've forwarded your problem direct to support@acronis.com in accordance with the instructions provided by Acronis in the Sticky titled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST>. This is usually the best way to resolve specific hardware related compatibility issues. Post back here, quoting the Acronis ticket number, if you hear nothing within 48hrs of receiving the automated reply.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.