Bad parameter of function

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by s660117, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s660117

s660117 Registered Member

Hi,
    I am attempting to perform a back on my physical hard drive. It is divided as follows:
    54.9 MB Unallocated
    Primary
    Recovery 15 MB
    OS (C:) 300.2 GB
    Photos (L:) 99.6 GB
    Music (M:) 48.3 GB
    Logical
    Local Disk 0x82 Linux swap 2 GB
    Local Disk 0x83 Linux native 8.4 GB
    Local Disk 0x83 Linux native 64.7 GB
    Primary
    New Volume (K:) 39.3 GB
    353.6 GB Unallocated.

In the past, the K drive did not exist; it was contained in the unallocated space at the end of the volume. I resized this unallocated space, and created the K drive, after which I was forced to rebuild Grub. How the 54.9 MB of unallocated space came to be at the head of the drive I don't know.
    In any case,
    I am now attempting to backup my primary disk using "Backup Disk or Partition". When it reaches the point where it puts out the message "Backup partition 2 (disk0) to file ...", the backup fails with "VSS technology has failed with error 0x11112 (VSS specific error)". I then get a pop-up that says "Operation failed"
    "Bad parameter of function".
    My only option is to abort the backup.
    I'm wondering whether I created this problem by my use of Resize and Make Partition", but have no idea how to fix what I've done.
    Any help would be much appreciate.
    Thanks,
    s660117

2. s660117

By the way, I am using Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2010.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

How your HDD is shown in Hard Disk Manager ?
    Run the Paragon program in Full scale launcher & check if there are Invalid partitions shown in the disk map.
    Post here a screenshot of Paragon Full Scale launcher with your HDD shown.

4. s660117

Thanks for your reply, Mech An.
    In a post on a windows forum, the first suggestion was - "Make sure that the VSS (Volume Shadow Service) is running... Make sure that you are only running one backup program as well....".
    Prior to the failing backup, I had initiated another backup and then canceled it. I thought that maybe VSS was still running under an incompletely canceled backup and decided to reboot, after which I was able to back up my hard drive successfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.