Bad company 2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stev0, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stev0

Stev0 Registered Member

Ever since Ive had this game esset firewall seems to block the pings from showing and so all come up as 999 which is starting to drive me a bit loopy because you dont know till you get in the game.
    Can anyone please explain a way that I can allow this to work without turning off the firewall.
    Firewall logs are coming up with the blocked ip address but doesnt give me enough info to put it in as a manual entry,just the ip and that its udp.
    Please help.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

3. Stev0

Stev0 Registered Member

I did read through this but A-its not like my version of esset smart security4 as it appears you tut is showing a different version and B-when I tried excluding it in the excluded applications bit it seemed to do nothing towards fixing the problem.
    Maybe its just late and Im reading it wrong but both tuts for esset 3 and 4 appear to be identical and dont match my own menu layout.

4. MinDokan

MinDokan Registered Member

Are you using the Steam version of the game?

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

What version of ESS are you currently running?

Is the same IP always blocked in the firewall log? Please copy that part of the log showing what's being blocked.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Registered Member

I'm using the retail version.

17/12/2010 13:37:40 Detected covert channel exploit in ICMP packet 82.32.123.149 62.104.17.141 ICMP

this is what comes up in the firewall log.

the version Im using is 4.2.67.10

7. Nick0

Nick0 Registered Member

In ESET Smart Security, go into Setup> Personal Firewall> Advanced Personal Firewall Setup> IDS and advanced options> ICMP protocol attack detection: disable
    This will not make your machine vulnerable to viruses, it only means that someone can crash your computer remotely using an ICMP-based Denial-Of-Service attack (which is a very unlikely event).

Source : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1669038.page

8. Stev0

Stev0 Registered Member

thanks alot m8,you are a gem :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.