bad blocks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paroots, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I have tried to create a secure zone in order to backup my 'Data' folder. It fails with the message: cannot create partition with bad block'?! My computer runs fine otherwise and I have done several chkdsks with both Windows and Norton. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 on a Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paroots,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will investigate the problem and find out the reason for the error message.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I have contacted Toshiba tech support and they have assisted me with diagnostics. Turns out there are no 'bad blocks' on the hard drive. They have asked me to pursue the problem with the maker of the 3rd party software (ie, Acronis True Image). Hopefully, someone has a suggestion as to what to do next. Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paroots,

Could you please submit the information I asked above to support@acronis.com? This information will let us investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.