Backups to Backup Server suddenly failing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smgoller, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smgoller

smgoller Registered Member

So I'm about 2/3rds of the way through an eval of ATI workstation for 3 computers on my home network. I have 1 set up with Backup Server pointing to a SATA drive, and all three doing daily backups to it. When I started doing this, I didn't have good quotas set up, which I rectified this weekend, and set up a daily consolidation task. However, now I cannot back anything up anymore. I get the following error:

Failed to open the storage server device/file bsp://social/\backupserver\BackupServer||\| for write: 262,171.

The tasks haven't been changed at all, so I'm wondering if the quotas are causing the issue. The quotas are set up as administrative, per computer.

Currently each one of them is set up with "4 max backups in location" and "2 max backups in archive", which I think makes every other backup be a full backup. My impression is that an "archive" is a full backup, along with any associated incremental backups. So my impression is that the backup schedule would go as follows:

Day 1: Full backup
    Day 2: Incremental of Day 1
    Day 3: Full backup (because of 2 max backups in archive)
    Day 4: Incremental of Day 3
    Day 5: Full backup, then Day 1 and Day 2 would get consolidated into Day 2
    Day 6: Incremental of Day 5 then Day 2 gets deleted.

Is this correct? If not, how I would set up this quota limit?

2. smgoller

smgoller Registered Member

Bump. I'm considering purchasing 3 licenses for TI Workstation and resolving this issue will make or break that choice.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smgoller,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that most likely the reason for this is that the quotas for Acronis Backup Server are exceed. Since you have successfully used Acronis Backup Server with "old" quotas Acronis Backup Server already contains the backups and therefore can not proceed with the "new" quotas. We would recommend that you either change the limits for the numbers of backups in Acronis Backup Server or consolidate the already existing backups manually.

Please also keep in mind that if you are going to back up all three computer to the ACronis Backup Server the quotas should be set up appropriatly. In you case it should be tripled.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.