Backups Corrupt when running at 3.0 ghz or higher coore duo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RTShaw, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

what the hell? TI 8 doesnt do this, skipped v9 purchased v10 nice except 4 a few things like corrupt image files if i run over 3.0 ghz..
    my normal running speed is 3.6ghz (intel core Duo) but every DAMN backup is corrupt.
    So, when i want to create a good backup of my os partition (xp pro) i have 2 reboot and drop my cpu speed to say 2.4 ghz. i hate it. specially since every move i make is very very painful.
    this isthe 2nd msg i've written SsAcronis i'd hoped this wouldnt be a repeat of their lack of help between v9 -10. v8 (last build) is the only one i trusted..
    Anyone having this problem? or know how 2 solve it?

Ron Shaw

x/retired NASA eng hdware/software

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Ron,

Your memory timing might be marginal. I have two suggestions for you.

1) check that you BIOS settings are loaded to factory defaults (i.e. in particular your memory timing settings)

2) Soak test your memory using memtest (http://www.memtest.org/). I find it surprising how often validation errors under windows are caused by bad RAM.

[By the way have you tried speech to text software]

F.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It is a known problem with v10, that as yet it doesn't natively support some core duo chipsets. However, the fact that all is well if you reduce the speed of the CPU makes me wonder if in your case it might be worth running a memory checker just to make sure your RAM is up to the job.

Are you using normal compression?

Acronis have said that the necessary fix will be in the next build of TI 10.

Some people have reported the get around is to disable the MICRON JMB363 in the BIOS, though if you have a S-ata drive connected to this controller, it will probably no longer work.

Acronis have said in other posts to try the

Workaround, if this works then an email to Acronis Support will get a link to an ISO that contains these parameters.

Colin

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Wow Foghorne slipped in under the radar whilst I was typing :) Must get a voice recognition software, that'll be quicker!!

Colin

5. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

All the suggestions and recommendations like mem testing, etc. been there done that, remember im a NASA hardware & software engineer and owned 2 computer repair centers, and i could go on & on.
    i also build system fgrom my bed for handicapped kids..

there are 2 thigs u guys posted i havent tried (the Acronis pertinanet stuff) thank u.Are they slipping again? between v 8.0 bld 937 (i keep that sucker handly) all others above that never have worked correctly) and if u R a long time user like myself (started before v7) then u know how many items were left unattended to by Acronis - but i never jumped ship, jst never paid 2 update from v8 bld 937 until v10.. i thought they got their act together by now- they have missed so much money, lost so many customers its really a damn shame)

on the Voice stuff, since one of my main illnesses is polio (1946 yeah im an old ass man) polio destroys muscles in my case some throat muscles too. i have purchased every single version of Dragon speak ****, True talk, etc and every recommended microphone. reason it doesnt help was explained by my doctors and i should have known... since the throat musclre damage my voice constantly changes. so what the software recognized was me in the mornings or anytime- is never the same. can u imagine training the software 5-10 time daily? well thats what i was doing i was so adament cause the MS (polio, MS + caner) damaged my fingers and hands so they hurt everytime my finger hits a keyboard (and i program aint that a b) whew
    hope all understands now why its so ruff but i dont give up or in.
    im one of the people on the us gove medical marijuana pot prog. been on it since 1990. but i dont use the crap they use 2 send (they dont sent it now but im still in the program unitl it no longer exists) anyway ive never ever took any types of drugs cause they cloud your mind (had a mprohine pump in the stomach made em remove it) . Basically what im trying 2 say is drugs are bad 4 u u can not operate your mind at full capacity or efficency while on ANY Drug legit or street..NONE and if someone says they drive better whle smoking pot i say bullsht. been there done that, nope its still a DRUG. i pride myself being an engineer knowing my **** cause i do. even in constant pain, even taking moprine, ican still blow damn near anyone in my profession out of the water at 60 and im bedridden and damn near dead....Dont let anyone fool you thats why they are called drugs,... soapbox off..

thank you all very much and i appreciate the info on it being a known fact..
    Back 2 experimenting with all these goodies. if not 4 them i'd kicked a few years ago when i was paraalized...
    in the elite world my handle is SpaZm - spelled exactally like that) so if you've been around 4 a while (like 1985) or u r a member of groups like fairlight then u know me or of my work.
    i dont expect anyone 2 understand this msg completely, just my thanks..

i really hope Acronis is truely back ... they missed a good chace...lost many customers.. no repeat performance please Acronis...

Ronald T Shaw
    RTS Electronics

6. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

Hey thanks, yes i do have a SATA drive on that port. glad 2 know they know its a problem. cause they never even responded 2 the first msg i sent 2 cust support. if they'd said that at the damn beginning i'd have re-installed v8 and went on about my business till they fixed it. have 2 much work and very little time to be screwing around trying 2 tshoot their stuff too.

my ram is set at consair specs even discussed this with the consair help expert...
    and i've run the latest version of memtest and the oldest version too along with tests of my own written by myself. SystemsRocks Solid networked 2 4 other towers and 2 notebooks at (1000 mhz the network).

yep normal compression
    the fact that the problem exists and Acronis knows about it tells me i should waste any more of my time trying 2 figure this out cause its their software problem not any hardware of software i'm using..
    But u did bring up an intresting point about the Micron controller..
    system currently consists of 2 - 500 gig SATA II dribes, 2 - 250 gig SATA II WD drives, 1 Raptor(4 booting) 2 ide 160 gig pata drives, 2 dvd burners - both pata. hell still cant getthem back up 2 speed. on my Asus P4C800 dlx and my P4C800E- dlx mobo systems i can burn 2 dvds in 6 mins or less - they being - on completely diff ports. but since the Micron controller doesnt allow atpi devices 2 dvd burning people like myself are screwed. tried adding another controller the promise tx2 (something like that - i have so many diff ones its hard 2 recall) been a few weeks now. but that didnt do the trick..
    will probably get a sata burner but i hate giving up my plextor 760 or one of my lite-ons.

Acronis have said that the necessary fix will be in the next build of TI 10.
    thats enough for me ... thank u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.