backup with rollback

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by garry35, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

i am about to create a sector by sector backup image with magicure a.k.a rollback rx installed. but before i create the image will using compression when creating the image break the backup and render the backup useless.

i want to backup with rollback installed and keep any snapshots i created, but if i use compression when creating the image, will rollback still be working complete with snapshots after a restore ?

ps. i forgot to add i will be using acronis true image 2012

Gazzer

2. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Image compression works fine. Remember though, you have to create the sector by sector image from the Boot CD, not from within Windows!

Scott

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

You can only do the above with COLD Sector by Sector Imaging with ATIH and any other imaging software, to retain all your Rollback Rx snapshots.

You cannot do HOT Sector by Sector Imaging with ATIH and any other imaging software besides Image For Windows (IFW).

You can only do HOT Sector by Sector Imaging with IFW and no other imaging software and retain all your Rollback Rx snapshots.

Best regards,

4. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

thanks to everybody for the replies, i am aware of that it needs to COLD imaging and needs to be done from a boot CD (at least with ATI). my primary concern was that if i used compression it wouldnt work

Gazzer

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It would work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.