Backup with 32 bit and restore with 64?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Vic5491, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic5491

Vic5491 Registered Member

I have an older laptop with XP Home on it. I just bought a new laptop with Window 7 Premium 64 on it. I need to migrate my files from one to the other. Can I use Paragon Backup and Recovery Free 32 bit to backup the old systems files and then restore them to the new system using Paragon Backup and Recovery Free 64?

Thanks,
    Vic

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes.

Have fun.

3. Vic5491

So, the file created under 32 can be read and restored under 64? Does it matter if it is an image or a regular backup? (I have not yet downloaded the Paragon s/ware yet so I have no experience with it yet.)

Vic

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Yes,

The archive files are the same, regardless of the "bit-ness" of the environment.

No, it does not matter what type of backup it is, be it a complete image, differential, incremental or file level archive.

5. Vic5491

Great. Thanks! I just downloaded Paragon B&R 10, installed it and am now running my first full backup of the older 32 bit XP machine. I presume I can do a selective restore of just the files I want on the new machine from this BU. Right?

Vic

6. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Absolutely,

The File Transfer Wizard from the tools menu can be used to restore individual files from any Paragon archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.