Backup Will Not Mount

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Toppy, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toppy

Toppy Registered Member

Using Paragon Backup and Recovery 2013 Free, I successfully completed a backup to a 2TB external USB hard disk drive. However, when attempting to mount the image, I receive this error message:

Operation failed
    Can't open/create file
    Error source: Hard Disk Manager
    Error code: 0x10023

A search of the Internet reveals that other people are experiencing the identical problem with Paragon Backup & Recovery (but the same people are not experiencing the problem with other backup and recovery software). What can cause the problem? Is there a solution or solutions?

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. UAC is off. I run as Administrator.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Grayer

Grayer Registered Member

same error here: Win7 64 bit; Image of C on SSD drive backed up to USB 3 2TB Hitachi drive; verified the backup but when I try to restore it back to the quick formatted C drive I get the error message; I had to reinstall Windows on C because of a boot failure and B&R 2013 free did not load in normal mode and in safe mode could not see the USB backup drive; what a mess https://www.wilderssecurity.com/images/smilies/doubt.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.