backup to network share

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thany, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thany

thany Registered Member

I'm trying to backup to a hidden network share, that'll look something like this:

\\earth\d$\Backup\MCE.tib

When the backup starts, it immediately errors out with an entry in the log that says the password for \\earth\d$\Backup\MCE.tib is incorrect.

Now, that's impossible, because the MCE.tib file never existed. And the password I protect my new image with, they must match, otherwise the advanced options screen will tell me. And the password to the network share itself must be correct, otherwise I can't browse it. And yes, with the explorer, I can browse that share perfectly fine. And I can write new files to it.

What's going on?

Using TrueImage 9 on Windows XP MCE.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thany,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please try to specify IP address or the full UNC path to the desired computer in the "File name" edit box, e.g. \\server\share in order to create the image.

If the problem still persists, please clarify whether you create the image within Windows or in rescue mode?

Could you please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also describe your network structure.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.