Backup to DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StanLevin, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanLevin

StanLevin Registered Member

Hi!

I am new to Acronis. I just bought the Acronis True Image Home 2009.
    The salesman told me I should be able to write a disk image to DVD DL.

I tried to create a backup, however after finising with the first DVD+R DL system failded to proceed with the backup.

It asked me store the first disk and mark it as Volume 1, and then it asked to insert the second blank media which I did. At this point it displayed an error message saying:

"Cannot open backup archive or removable device. Either there is no archive
    on it or the archive is corrupted".
    "Please insert the last media of the backup archive and click Retry to continue. Otherwise click Cancel to stop the operation."

What did I do wrong?

Does Acronis support the Double Layer media at all?

Thank you,
    Stan.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It doesn't seem so as it is not listed in their Supported Hardware - though BluRay is. You could try the 2-step method for keeping your Image on dvd media - make Image first in dvd sized splits on a hard drive, then burn to dvd.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I thought the previous version or 2 claimed DL support!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Home 2009 officially supports double-layer DVD+R. Stan,

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Could you please create a backup file and place it to external or internal hard dive? Validate the archive and let us know the results. This will help to localize the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.