Backup to Clone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AndyM, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

If I make a clone image of my C:\ drive to a Identical HD on an external USB drive can I make scheduled incremental backups to that cloned drive and have a exact replacment drive in case of my C:\ drive has a failure?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AndyM,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You may store the incremental images only to the same folder where you store the full one. If the full image is stored on the external drive the incrementals will be automatically created there.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

Let me rephrase my question.

I want to do a HD to HD clone and then make the clone a slave and them back up to the clone the same as you would do a mirror in a raid.

If that can not be done could I make a clone then use it as a slave, then delete the safe zone off of my master and add it to the slave and do the backups to the safe zone on the slave?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AndyM,

I apologize for not getting your idea in the first post. Both variants you have described are possible. Please note that since you want to leave both disks in the system you need to perform the cloning process under Windows (not after booting from Acronis Bootable CD).

The process should be done in the following way:
    - Plug in the new hard disk and turn on the computer;
    - Launch Acronis True Image and choose the "Disk Clone" tool;
    - Follow the instructions in wizard;
    - When you are asked to reboot the computer rebot it but do not perform any changes;
    - Wait till the operation is completed.

After that you will obtain two disks that can be used in your system. You will be able to create the image of the first disk and store it to the second one. Also you may reate Acronis Secure Zone on any disk you wish and store the image there.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

Thanks Iliya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.