Backup Sys. State Takes Forever to Finish/Cancel

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dmitry_N, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmitry_N

Dmitry_N Registered Member

Well, the topic title says it all.

I have the latest Russian released build of TI 11 (8059).
    Hard drive is in SATA AHCI mode.
    Mobo: Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi.
    System: Vista 32 Ultimate.

Full drive backups run fine.
    But if the Backup System State task starts, it loads the processor (Core 2 Duo 6600) 90% - 100% doing nothing at the same time.
    Pressing 'Cancel' in the main window or from the taskbar (there are so many 'cancel' options, by the way, - one is grayed out after pressing once, the others allow you to cancel a task as many times as you want - what a mess) has no effect either.
    PS: Backups are configured to be saved to Security Zone, which is located an another phisical drive (SATA too), if it's important to know.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dmitry_N,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try lowering the task priority in application settings.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Dmitry_N

Thanks a lot!
    Will do accordingly at home tonight and, if the problem persists, will report as instructed.
    PS: I have a slight guess that, yes, TI 11 fails to replace the old drivers from 10 during installation... At least, I hope that this is the issue! :)

4. Dmitry_N

Well, to just update you on my problem described here:
    NO solution has been found so far.
    Vista re-installed from scratch - problem remains exactly the same.
    I didn't use the tracing version of the driver, as I was a bit too lazy to beta-test TI after I had bought it.
    By the way, I tried applying for a beta tester last year, before TI 11 was released, and was told that you had enough of beta testers.
    I think you should have said: "enough of beta testers who don't have to pay for testing" ;)

5. Dmitry_N

Well, it's been a while, and no new build seems to have come out!

6. Dmitry_N

Three more months have passed... Vista SP1 is out. Still no solution!o_O
    What a disapointment! :(
    I think I will finally have to try Paragon. Will report then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.