Backup size issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by grandsire02, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandsire02

grandsire02 Registered Member

I am running B&R 2013 Free on my PC (Windows 7 x64) and am backing up just my C drive (current size 105 GB) to an external HD via USB; the compression level is set to 'Normal' and the backup runs daily. The size of the backup on the external HD is now 860 GB and fast approaching the disc's full capacity). I was under the impression when I set up the backup that it would only retain the 'latest version' of the C drive, in which case surely it should now be no more than 105 GB, the current size of the C drive. Clearly I've either misunderstood something or got my settings wrong. Could I perhaps delete some of the older backup files whilst still retaining the last version of my C drive? Some guidance on this issue would be much appreciated.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, if you are making a full image each time.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

If you use schedules backup task, it appears that option to Generate unique names is enabled.
    It means that each time scheduled task creates full backup with new name.
    You can check it easily in backup storage:
    If there are several folders with quite similar names and size - that's it!

To create script which stores only last backup, please delete the current backup task in Schedule first.
    Then repeat all the steps to create new scheduled task but (!) at the last step where you specify recurrence , disable the checkbox "Generate unique names".
    This new task will overwrite the backup each time. And you'll have only 1 backup created yesterday.

As of existing backups: you can delete all of them if you plan to use new script. If you have any doubts on this point, please provide the list of existing backups (with folder name and size) so we can figure out if it could be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.