Backup Script Question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kg12345, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kg12345

kg12345 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm evaluating the Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Suite as a potential backup solution for my company. Everything is working great so far, but I just have one question about setting up backup schedules and modifying the scripts.

The plan is to run a full partition backup of each PC every two weeks, and then run an incremental backup of only our most critical directories/files every day that the full backup doesn't run on. I've got a schedule set up, and everything is working fine at this point. Here's where the issue comes from:

We'd like to keep more than one of these backups as part of our rotation, so we're naming our backups with the following format: <PCName>_<MMDDYYYY>, where MMDDYYYY represents the current date. So, if the first backup runs on 1/3/2011, it would be PC1_01032011. In the incremental script, the line pointing to the parent looks something like this at the moment:

Code:
    FB_PROPERTY_PARENT_ARCHIVE_PATH=\\Server\Backups\PC1\PC1_01032011.PBF
    As you can see, it's hardcoded with a date right now. Is there anyway that I would be able to make the script point at the newly created full backup every two weeks (outside of having to change it manually of course). Please let me know if what we'd like to do is possible. If you need any clarification on what I'm asking about, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.