Backup Rotation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by compmarine, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compmarine

compmarine Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Server 9.1 and I cannot figure out how to create a backup rotation. I want to have a two week rotation as follows:

Sun - Full Backup
    M-F - Incremental Backup

Every other week I want the backup overwritten as to not accumulate disk space.

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello compmarine,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To expand Jeremy's reply a little, I would also like to mention that you can limit the amount of backups created by Acronis True Image in four different ways:

- Use Backup Server feature (available in Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows only, details can be found in section 3.5 of the corresponding User's Guides);

- Use Acronis Secure Zone (see section 3.3 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows for further details);

- Use batch file (script) which deletes or renames images as a pre\post-backup command (see section 5.3.3 of the above mentioned User's Guide);

In the pre\post commands fields of the backup archive creation options you can specify commands or batch files to be automatically executed before and after the backup procedure. You can use any commands supported by Windows command line interface or enter a path to the batch file written in terms of standard Windows scripting rules (see this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for details).

Please also take a look at this previous post of mine providing the example of a batch file automatically renaming backups in accordance with the current date.

- Schedule several pairs of tasks so that several sets of images covering several last weeks\months will be created (see these previous threads for details: Can TI9 control the number of backup sets?, differential back up Q's).

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.