Backup requires a password - help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Don Fraser, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Fraser

Don Fraser Registered Member

I have just backed up 3 partitions to an external HD, which completed successfully, using the trial version of True Image v11.0.

However when I went to view the backup file it keeps coming back with 'Password is required' window.

I know I didn't apply to be password protected as I am the only user. I can view the file in my directory size 67.8GB. I have even tried deleting the file but keeps coming back with 'Cannot delete file:Cannot read from the source file or disk'.

FYI I am using XP Pro and I did a backup previously a few days ago of my mp3 files and I have no problem with access or deletion if required.

All very strange - your help is required.

Thanks

Don

2. Don Fraser

Don Fraser Registered Member

Not sure why but I decided to stop 'try mode' and discard changes. This gave me access to my file. Being new to TI maybe I was doing something wrong but at least I have access to my backup file.

Don

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Don Fraser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- Has the Try mode been turned on or off upon proceeding with your hard drive image creation?
    - Does Acronis Secure Zone reside on your internal drive or not? Have you included it to the backup archive?

Please submit a request for technical support via this web form with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Bogomolov. Please provide a complete description of the issue including the answers to the above questions and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

The information on the issue has been forwarded to Acronis Development Team for further investigation. We will post here as soon as we have any information from them.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.