Backup recovery over network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by axipas, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axipas

axipas Registered Member

Hello together!

We have about 30 servers, which we backup with acronis. So, they don't have all the same hardware. Now is the question, do we have to create for every server type another boot cd? Acutally we have the problem, that we can't access to the image over the network. It doesn't work as well, when we enter the ip addresse in the recovery console.

Thanks for your help,
    Pascal

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi!

Boot Rescue CD is "universal", you only need one (more if u want some in different places...) but they are always the same, only change when you update the Rescue Media Builder.

Jaycee

3. axipas

axipas Registered Member

Sorry, but what is the Rescue Media Builder?

What could be the problem, when I can't access to the network when I boot with the boot cd?

If you need further informations, please let me know.

thanks for your help,
    Pascal

4. axipas

axipas Registered Member

Is there someone how has a solution or an idea for my question?

that would be very nice :)

best regards and thank you,
    Pascal

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi axipas,

the Rescue Media Builder is the name for the wizard which runs from the ATI user interface and allows you to create a bootable CD (USB stick/floppy disks). The rescue medium produced is intended to boots up any PC into ATI in a Linux environment. There is no need to create rescue media for specific hardware - though there is a licensing obligation to consider.

F.

6. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

When you have installed Acronis on a server, you can choose the "Rescue MEdia Builder" option
    It allows you to create ISO image, or burn a CDR, or set a RIS server to allow a server to boot on a "rescue CD" that allows to launch Acronis True Image.

To access the network, the Acronis CD tries to get a IP with DHCP. If there is no DHCP in your network, you can manually configure the network card's properties.
    Second option is that your network card is not recognized, but it seems odd to me.

Jaycee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.