Backup & recovery Help

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by soartueth, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soartueth

soartueth Registered Member

I have Paragon B&R Free and have been backing up. Now I want to restore after a malware infection and reversion to original install image. I was using the 2012 free edition, but just downloaded the 2013 version.

During restore, it gives a lot of "Access to a file or folder is denied" failures. o_O

Is this due to the free version? Will buying the real Home version restore my installed applications from those backups?

2. soartueth

I bought the B&R Home 2013. I created a boot recovery media, booted from it, found my network drivers, found my 160 GB backup archive and started the recovery.

Nine hours later, it's not half way done. Operations details shows a disturbingly long list of errors saying, "Access to a file or folder is denied."

How should I have any hope this will restore system registries of it can't restore user data? :thumbd:

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

There must be a problem with your system.

Paragon is the fastest image and restore in the industry.

You haven't given enough to go on for anybody to try and help.

4. soartueth

Thank you for replying. I called Chris at Paragon support and he was very patient and helpful. I was "overthinking" the recovery options, trying to drill down into the c:\ instead of allowing the whole drive to restore. I should have just clicked next. The whole thing took about 2:15:00 for 700 GB.:D

5. ijskonijn

ijskonijn Registered Member

Have you ever tested Shadowprotect? It's faster, but not so cheap.

6. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

soartueth,

That was your problem, as you found out. By drilling down, you were doing a "File (i.e. file/folder) - Level Restore" and *not* an Image Level - Sector by sector Level Restore. .... As you learned, when you do *not* select any Folder and just "Click - the Next Button", you do a fast Image Restore (Sector Level Restore).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.