Backup&Recovery advanced workstation fails install due as OS is XP Home

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Slaycock, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

I am happily running Workstation Echo with Unioversal Restore on XP home. I checked for an update and found that upgrades to Backup and recovery advanced workstation were available. Based on the version on the upgrade tab I paid for and download the recommended update but now find that I cannot install the upgrade due to my OS being XP Home. This wasn't made clear at all during the purchase of the upgrade.

I registered the upgrade so that I could use the Advanced support. However, having completed the support web page the submit button steadfastly refuses to do anything.

Likewise, the chat web page does not load completely as there are no scroll bars.

I am currently feeling frustrated and cheated.

Steve

2. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

The live chat facility worked when I got back to it around 5:30 pm. Chatted with a very helpful chap called Surjeet Singh. My advanced upgrade has been replaced with a stand alone upgrade which is downloading as we speak.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.