Backup & Recovery 2010 question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Jake11, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake11

Jake11 Registered Member

Version: Paragon Backup & Recovery, version 2010, build 10444 (14.07.10 ) Free Advanced

System: Windows 7 64 Pro

Apologies in advance for what may be a dumb question, but I am looking for helpful guidance.

Situation: Immediately after installing B&R we created a bootable recovery disc on CD. Then on external HD we created a base image, and have since done a couple differentials.
    Later, we encountered a hardware issue (non B&R related) and took the PC to a shop where it's been determined the motherboard needs to be rma'd. Windows has been re-installed. So the question is, what is the best way or procedure to get the PC back to the last differential backup state? When I told the shop that we have external images they did say they could restore. For my peace of mind though, I'd appreciate any feedback from here.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There are 2 possible situations:
    1) New motherboard has new drivers. Then you will have to use fresh Windows and restore only files from backup.
    2) Old drivers are still valid. Then old system will be also workable after restore

To check if old image will be workable on new HW you can do the following:
    1) Make new full backup of the fresh Windows install you have and place it to any external drive
    2) Restore old image via Recovery CD made from Tools - Recovery Media builder in B&R program
    3) Once restore finished, reboot and check if Windows boots.
    * If it doesn't - it would be great if you can post error here (it will help to check if motherboard driver caused boot issue). Otherwise go to step 4
    * If it boots correctly - no further actions are required.
    4) Use Recovery CD to restore fresh Windows install back
    5) Use B&R to restore only files from backup: http://kb.paragon-software.com/para...atId=2124&objId=6178&statId=1608661&foLang=en

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.