Backup & Recovery 11 Home vs Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jamoram62, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamoram62

jamoram62 Registered Member

Hi,

I am considering to give a try to one of these products by Parangon. My most important usage for it would be for creating system disk images on a internal o external HDD and recovering in the event of a disaster, and, for that I guess Backup & Recovery suffices. But I can't discard that the additional features (partition resizing, ...) in HDM would be of some interest.

What I wonder is whether HDM includes each and every functionality present in Backup & Recovery in addition to the partitioning, defragmentation and so on. I've found a between HDM Suite vs Pro table, but miss one B&H vs HDM Suite comparison.

Thank you in advance.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The attached table may help.

Attached Files:

3. jamoram62

jamoram62 Registered Member

Thank you, Robin. A rather comprehensive table, though it compares Backup & Recovery Home 11 vs Hard Disk Manager Pro, not HDM Suite. In spite of this, it seems clear that HDM Pro includes any backup facility B&R can offer, plus some very handy tools. If memory serves me well, there is no major difference between HDM Suite and Pro, apart from some very advanced and specialized capabilities, many of them related to virtualization stuff.

Again thanks. I think the added functions in HDM worth those extra 10 bucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.