Backup & Recovery 10 Home Boot Media issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MerleOne, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Hi,

I bought a license a while ago, and I recently realized that the bootable media builder that comes with the license, may have a small issue :
    - the Win PE 3 recovery CD built from it is working just fine
    - the flashdisk recovery media is not booting, on different PC. I also tried different USB keys. On some PC the screen remains blank, on others it says NTLDR.dll is missing.
    I have a Linux bootable media key with DB9 PRo on it that boots just fine from the same PCs.

All this makes me think the USB recovery media builder is not working.

BTW, I didn't find on how to build the Linux version ? From the software GUI maybe ? And not from the special Recovery Media Builder that comes with the paid license ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Linux version is available from main program:
    * run Full Scale and go to Tools - Recovery Media Builder
    * select CD\DVD\Flash
    * select Typical
    * select device
    * wait until completed

As of WinPE CD: did you see this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=283884

3. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Thanks, I finally got it.

Also, in the mean time, Paragon acknowkedged an issue with the Flash Boot Media creator. A new build has been released that solves the issue.

But before installing the new build, I was able to create a working WinPE flash boot media by booting from a CD bootmedia, then creating the flash from within the App in this WinPE mode, selecting the CD as source and the Flash as destination. So it's solved (twice !).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.