Backup question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by MichaelE, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelE

MichaelE Registered Member

I have followed advise in other threads here and have just one question left.
    I have installed another HD as slave. This one is formated and runs NTFS.
    My master HD is running Fat32.
    I use BootIt NG as backup program = imaging.
    Will I have any problems due to the fact I am having diff. set ups here ?

Sorry I am not a pro and my question maight be very silly. But I take the risk to ask anyway o_O

Thanks for any support in this matter.

Mciahel

2. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

You'll probably get more responses by going to the Terabyte forum here: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/webnews.html

I use Terabyte Image for DOS, but image/restore to/from DVD media, so I don't think I'm qualified to answer your question.

Hope this helps!

3. MichaelE

gud4u

Thank´s for the info.
    Will go there with my question

Michael

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

No problem with FAT32 and NTFS. You can store and retrieve the image file in either NTFS or FAT32 partition. Just make sure you restore the image file back to the correct partition.

5. MichaelE

Nod32_9

I have been reading your postings all over and specially the one where you in detail gave suggestions how to set up your drive and also using an extra HD as slave to back up to...
    I did also run downtown to get me a rack for dismounting the slave as you have suggested. Unfortunately the darn thing does not fit in my machine so I will have go back and try to get my money back.. No problems there I think.

But in all I want to say that your suggestions I have followed and set up a new machine according to your model and me not being a pro have managed to go through all with success :D :D I think so far.

I have spent the money on the Boot It NG and have not regretted anything so far on that one.

Once again Thank´s a lot for all the good input you have given i this matter.

Michael

6. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I might have posted this before but if I have forgive my enthusiasm. I have followed your recommend too, Nod3d_9 and purchased BING. It is a fantastic product and I use the imaging features often and they have been flwless so far both imaging and restoring. Thanks.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.