Backup question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Musicollector, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musicollector

Musicollector Registered Member

Hi,

I used True Image Echo Workstation 8.072 to create a full backup. However, as it exceeded one DVD, but only by a little, I decided to backup Part 2 on to my secondary hard drive (I have two physical hard drives). Now, after a few months since then, I would like to create Differential backups. However, I am not sure which part I choose to proceed with this - Do I use Part 1 on DVD, or Part 2 on the hard drive as the reference file for which Acronis asks? Would this even work if I have two separate parts for the original backup image?

TIA.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make life easy for yourself ... keep the backup entirely on the second hard drive.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Since music files are already compressed and TrueImage will not make them very much smaller, you might also want to consider usiing the Windows file system and simply copy the files directly on DVD so you have some additional security.

4. Musicollector

Thank you both for the response.

Hmmm...okay. In the future, I will try to keep the entire backup on my secondary drive, when I clean it up and make enough space for the complete backups.

However, for the time being, since I already have the Part 1 on DVD, I was wondering where I would point Acronis to for a Differential Backup. I tried pointing to both, but it craps out on me!

LOL...you must have ESP! I do have a LOT of music files! Yeah, that I simply copy to my external backups using the excellent Beyond Compare, a software so unique in what it can do. Not another one like it out there. But that simply copies, as opposed to Acronis.

TIA.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The entire backup (both parts) need to be in the same folder for TI to use them for differentials.

Sounds like it's time to buy another external hard drive. That's a lot easier and faster than cleaning one up. :)

6. Musicollector

Sounds about right, John. LOL. Not worth cleaning up! It's like Bill Gates buying another car when the ash tray gets full. :)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.