Backup over LAN

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TsuNami, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TsuNami

TsuNami Registered Member

Version TI 9.2337

Hello :) (sorry for my english)

I am trying to make an image over LAN.
    if i start the backup from Windows XP ( PC1 ) to a drive ( PC2 / USB-drive ) then PC2 lost free physical memory.
    if i copy a file with explorer = no problem
    if i use the "TI Recovery boot CD" = no problem (but very slow)
    Why this ?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you reboot PC2 after completing the backup, what is the memory status?

3. TsuNami

After reboot PC2 then is okay

4. TsuNami

Question in german:
    Hat das den sonst niemand das der RAM-Speicher des Zielrechners beim Backup über LAN leer läuft ?
    Leider kann ich diesen Speicherverlust auch keinem Programm zuordnen.
    Und dieses Verhalten tritt nur bei TI auf.
    Benutzt TI eine besondere Übertragungsform ?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TsuNami,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What do you mean exactly when saying that "PC2 lost free physical memory"?

- How did you find out that?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both computers;

- Rename the files created to report1.txt, sysinfo1.NFO and report2.txt, sysinfo2.NFO accordingly;

- Try to create an image under the same conditions but using different compression levels (see section 4.3.4 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide). Let us know if there is any difference;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

First of all, please make sure that your Bootable Rescue CD is created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. TsuNami

OK :)
    I have testing different compression levels = no result

Here is a little picture of PC2 before i starting Backup (Task-Manager):
    http://people.freenet.de/tantor/bilder/Picture1.jpg

And here a picture after i starting the image over LAN (Gigabit-LAN):
    http://people.freenet.de/tantor/bilder/Picture2.jpg

And then the PC2 is not working.
    The specified network name is no longer available (PC2),
    Programs at PC2 cannot be started ...................

If i copy a large file over LAN (1GB) with explorer = no problem
    Any idea ?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TsuNami,

Please collect all the information requested by Alexey and send it to us as it was mentioned above. This will allow us to investigate the issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible solution.

If you have already submitted the request to Acronis Support then please let us know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

8. TsuNami

Problem found :
    I have installed Zonealarm Security Suite Version 6.1.744.00
    If i switch off the "Antivirus" scanning and restart PC2 then my Backup working.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.