Backup only only OS partition = OS restorable?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by monographix, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monographix

monographix Registered Member

If i backup only the OS partition of a partitioned drive, will i be able to use this image to restore my OS ? Will it restore a bootable OS partition or i need to backup the whole drive for that ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You only need that partition, and maybe the boot partitions (in case something goes wrong there). You can repair the MBR back to default, so it's usually not essential.

Works with no issues for me.

3. monographix

monographix Registered Member

Thanks. By the way my boot partition i think is the same as the windows (7) i think, as the boot folder is in the C:\ root (and HDM doesnt show any mini partition or something)

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I always backup the MBR/Track0 and the 100MB System Reserved Partition if present as a matter of routine or in other words, "just in case". They are small so the amount of extra time is negligible.

My disks all have more than one partiton on them and I only image the C drive which contains the OS and applications - the other partitions aren't required to restore a bootable volume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.