backup location to acronis secure zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aladinonl, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladinonl

aladinonl Registered Member

i have 2 questions here:
    1. i use NTFS for my hard disk since acronis secure zone only use FAT32. i know using 2 different file systems on 1 hard disk can cause problems like crash, slow down. That makes me hesitate to choose to create ASZ. does anyone experience any problem and whether i should create ASZ?

2. i created backup archives stored in a backup location on drive D. recently i decided to create ASZ. the thing is can i copy the backup archives in other backup location to ASZ? i need to recover my primary drive which has OS. without ASZ or with ASZ but nothing inside, i just can recover specific files and folders and the outcome is not perfect.

P.S: after creating ASZ ,sometimes i got error message from Data Execution Prevention that 'windows explorer encounters problem and need to close' which never had before having ASZ. (i turn DEP on : system properties-advance-performance options-DEP). any idea ?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello aladinonl

Worth reading this previous thread titled <TI9 and the Acronis Secure Zone> and then seeking any additional clarification you may require.

Regards

Menorcaman

3. aladinonl

hi Menorcaman, thx for quick reply.
    i read thru but it didnt address my concern, rather its how ASZ benefit user which i know ASZ benefit me.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aladinonl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that using partition with different file system on the same hard drive should not cause problems. Please note that Acronis Secure Zone was originally designed for those users who have only one hard drive and do not have a dedicated backup storage (such as external hard drive, for example). Would also like to mention that using external hard drive as a backup storage is one of the backup strategies, since the farther you store the backup archive from the original data, the safer it will be in case of data damage. For example, saving the archive to another hard disk will protect your data if your primary disk is damaged. Data saved to a network disk or removable media will survive even if all your local hard disks are down.

Please note that it is not possible to manually manage (delete, copy etc) backup archives stored in Acronis Secure Zone. As well you will not be able to copy backup archive to Acronis Secure Zone.

As for the question with Data Execution Prevention (DEP), please have a look at this article that should answer your question.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. aladinonl

hi Acronis support,
    thanx for reply,
    yeah, i do backup my data in external hard disk but using external hard disk cant restore ur system drive right?

i use ASZ is to restore my system drive in case system crash.

thanx again.

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You can restore your system drive and indeed the whole of your hard drives from an image on an external drive.
    The normal method is to boot from the rescue CD and then the computer can be restored from any crash. If the main HDD is actually broken it is a simple matter to restore to a replacement drive.

Xpilot

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aladinonl,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that Xpilot is completely right: you can restore your system using a backup that is stored on an external drive, or network, or FTP server - any supported media, by booting the computer with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. Please see the detailed instructions in chapter 6 "Restoring the backup data" of the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.