backup is twice the size of drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fatray, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatray

fatray Registered Member

I just did a back up to my removable MYBOOK drive. The used space on my C drive is 70GB, but when backed up using MAXIMUM compression the back up is 130GB. What is going on?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Big difference alright. Do you have lots of already compressed files like zip, jpge, mpeg, XP compression, etc on the drive. If so, try no compression and see what you get.

You might also try normal compression too since it is the one most people use. Compressing a compressed file can actually make it larger.

What is the size of the partition you are trying to backup? If TI can't make sense of the partition it is supposed to go into a mode where it backs up all of the sectors whether they are used or not.

Try running chkdsk X: /r to verify your structure is good. Substitute X with the drive letter of the partition. Reboot will be required for C.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Is the C drive compressed?
    If so, the size will increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.