Backup hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mandarin, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandarin

mandarin Registered Member

I'm trying to figure out the best hardware to use to store my images for restoration of my Dell PC. I've figured out from experience and this forum that I can't use Acronic to burn directly onto CDs, and in any event it takes too many CDs. I have some images stored on my hard disk (the one I'd want to restore), so that is obviously not a permanent solution. I tried transferring those files to an iMac using our network and burning them on a DVD, but my Dell PC won't recognize the iMac-created DVD.

So, what is the best solution for me? Should I look into a DVD burner to attach to my PC? I've looked at various external disk drives, such as the Maxtor system, but I'm not sure those will work for me if I need to restore from the Acronis rescue bootable CD. Also, I like the idea of being able to create an image and store it offsite in the event of theft or fire of the computer itself.

Ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.