Backup hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by md83, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md83

md83 Registered Member

Bought and downloaded Trueimage 9 on April 13.
    Have created a securezone.
    Created new full archive of c:.
    Created a subsequent incremental of C:
    Tried a selected files and folders backup, and 2 progress bars never showed any progress, however lots of HDD activity at first with folders being listed, then after about 20 mins that and HDD LED stopped.

2. md83

md83 Registered Member

Build is unsurprisingly 3567.
    Tried file & folders backup again but in smaller batches of files. That seemed to work better, but Trueimage backup hung again in the 5th increment. When trying to restore from a .tib on which it hung Trueimage identifies it as not being part of the archive.

3. Beanster

Beanster Registered Member

For the record i get this problem too on build 3567 (only build i've ever used) when trying a "files and folders" backup. I could get the progress to update (when it wasn't, which wasn't always) by hiding the window then showing it again by right-clicking the task bar icon and selecting "status". The backup would hang around 80-90% on mine, never the same file.

Wasn't going to mention it as i have a couple of other problems i'm trying to resolve first and i worked around it by doing a "disk/partion" backup. But seeing as you started it and i want to know how to fix it...... :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello md83 and Matt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have tried to perform the above-mentioned actions by running Acronis True Image within Windows or while booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue CD?

In case you have used Acronis Bootable Rescue CD then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you have used Acronis True Image from under Windows then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Beanster

Hi Kirill,

I tried the above backup in windows. I can't do it from a boot cd as the cd doesn't load for me (that would be one of the problems i mentioned i was trying to resolve first :D ).

I'll try to recreate the problem and submit a report asap but i have to clear some space.

6. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

USB mouse problem?

7. Beanster

I have no ps2 ports so usb is the only option. I tried disconnecting all usb devices except a wired usb keyboard and the boot cd still stops with a black screen after selecting TI(Full). Sorry md83 don't want to hijack your thread.

8. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

You can go to this thread. usbmouse=off may be your answer...

9. Beanster

many thanks :thumb: i'll have a look

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.