Backup hangs at 65%

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mdulfer, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdulfer

mdulfer Registered Member

I am evaluating True Image 10 for home and every time I do try to do a backup it halts at 65% on the same divx file. If I go away and come back 2 hours later it is still sitting on this same file. At this point the computer is generally very slow to respond to any command (but CPU usage is very low) and I cannot cancel or abort the backup (I click cancel, and the icon in the system tray changes to indicate cancelling, but nothing happens) and I have to reboot the computer. My OS is Vista Home Premium, my target location has plenty of disk space and is still available, the source disk is my C:. I have tried no splitting of archive, specific file splitting at 650MB, full backup. I don't know what to do next other than ask here or move on and try another product. I have heard very good things about Acronis. Help appreciated.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You must be doing a files and folders type of backup. Try doing chkdsk /r on the drive. That file must be sitting on some bad sectors.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

In addition to running chkdsk, you may find some procedural assistance in my guides listed below.

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Try burning the offending divx file to a CD or DVD, then deleting it from the HD. Then run TI and see if if completes. This should tell you if the files is indeed the problem. If successful, copy the divx file back and try again. Sometimes the process of moving a file out and copying it back will fix an unknown file problem.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mdulfer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do as DwnNdrty suggests and run "chkdsk x: /r" on the drive in question (where "x" is the drive's assigned letter).

If that doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.